School Plans & Policies - School Uniform Policy
The Karratha Primary School Council, P & C Association and Student Council have set the following requirements regarding school dress.
These requirements apply to all students unless a special exemption is granted. For example, an exemption may be granted on the grounds of religion.
1. Students are to wear plain, modestly fitting royal blue polo shirts or t-shirts withthe accepted school motif.
2. Student Councillors are to wear blue shirts with School Motif. Shirts are supplied to students by the school.
3. Students are to wear plain, modestly fitting royal blue or navy blue shorts of a variety of materials and styles.
4. Students are to wear plain, modestly fitting royal blue or navy blue skirts/skorts or blue checked dresses.
5. Students are to wear royal blue/navy blue tracksuit pants.
6. Students must wear broad brimmed hats when outdoors on grassed or court areas or any uncovered area.
7. Due to health and safety reasons, students must wear completely enclosed shoes or appropriate sandals. Thongs/slip-ons are unacceptable.
Sanctions against not wearing the appropriate school dress:
a) Students not wearing appropriate school dress will be issued with a dress pass for the day. Students will be sent to Admin for counselling. Admin will record dress passes.
b) The issuing of three dress passes (as will every multiple of three dress passes thereafter) will result in parent contact being made by Admin.
c) Students who continue to be uncooperative will not be permitted to attend functions run voluntarily by the teachers and/or parents.
d) Parents are to inform the school in writing if students are to be out of uniform.
e) Financial and personal concerns will always be taken into consideration, with the above sanctions.